How To Hide Your Comment History On YouTube?
Are you the type that watches YouTube videos a lot? If yes, it’s most likely you will have made tons of comments while watching some of them. Have you ever regretted posting comments on any YouTube video? Have you ever felt like going back to delete your comments but don’t know how to?
Well, it’s worth knowing that YouTube has now made it pretty easy for its users to view their comment history. In addition to this, a user will also be able to modify the comments, by editing, deleting, or hiding them.
For you to successfully hide your past comment on YouTube, you need to start by locating the comment history. To do that, sign in with your account on the desktop and go to Menu (the three parallel lines) > History > Comments. This way, you’ll find all your past comments and be able to hide them permanently or edit them.
In today’s digital world, one thing you need to understand is that our opinions won’t always age well online. You can revisit your past comments and find them pretty much offensive or even off-topic. In the rest of this post, I’ll further explain how you can view your YouTube comment history and perform a few actions, such as hiding or editing them.
Why Is It Important to Check Your Comment History on YouTube?
Before going ahead to view and hide your comment history on YouTube, here’s a quick question; why is it important to check your past comments?
To answer this question, I’ll say there are tons of reasons why checking your comment history is important. Let’s have a quick look at some of them below.
You might want to view your comment history to delete a comment that you feel is no more relevant in today’s world. That’s not all; if you feel some of your comments in the past are offensive or rude, you may want to consider editing them or pull them up from your history.
Furthermore, anybody may want to pull up their past comments on YouTube if they noticed any typos. This action will enable them to revisit the comments and adjust or edit them accordingly. Besides, in the case where you need to add more relevant content to your comments, you may want to pull up your history.
How to View Your YouTube Comment History?
Are you interested in viewing your past comments on YouTube but finding a hard time doing it? If yes, you might have to stop worrying too much about that. By following the simple steps below, you should be able to get the job done.
- Sign in with your YouTube account on your desktop browser.
- Next, locate the three parallel lines on your YouTube homepage. They are horizontal and usually located at the top-left corner of your screen. After finding them, click on them.
- You will notice a drop-down menu, showing the list of things you can select. Locate “History” and click on it.
- Next, scroll down the page, locate and click on “Comments” at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- After that, you’ll get to see a list of all the comments you’ve posted since you created your YouTube account. You’ll find them listed in chronological order, starting from your most recent comments down to the oldest one.
To delete or edit your comments on your YouTube comment history:
- The first thing you need to do is locate the comment.
- After that, click the three dots located in the front of the comments.
- By doing so, you’ll find two different options. One of them is for editing your comment in case you noticed any typo or needed to add more relevant links to it. The other one is for deleting the comment. Just choose your preferred option and you’re good to go.
You can’t find your comment history on YouTube mobile?
Here’s another quick question, is there a way you can view the comment history on YouTube mobile?
The direct answer to the question is no. Currently, you can only find your comment on the YouTube desktop version. The only thing you can do on the mobile app is to see your Watch history. Since that’s the case, does it mean you can’t access your comment history on your smartphone?
You can always access your YouTube comment history from your smartphone. However, instead of using the mobile app, you’ll have to make use of your phone browser. That’s not all; in addition to that, you also need to visit YouTube.com and sign in using the desktop site.
It’s pretty simple; sign in with your account in your chrome browser. After loading the page, tap on the three dots at the upper right corner of the page and select “Desktop site.”. Next, follow the above listed steps to view your YouTube comment history and edit or delete any offensive or irrelevant comments.
How Can You Hide Your YouTube Comment?
Use extension to hide YouTube Comments
One of the simplest ways to hide your YouTube comment history is by adding an extension to your desktop browser. The Chrome extension file will help you hide all user comments on YouTube.
All you need to do is to add the Chrome extension to your desktop browser, enable it, and start enjoying it as you want. You can always get it on the Chrome Web store.
Of course, you can always go back and check your comment on a video again whenever you feel like doing so. To do that, all you need to do is to type chrome://extensions into your URL field. After that, scroll down and untick the box for the extension to turn it off.