How To Hide Your Audible History?
Audible, launched in 1995, is an audiobook service from Amazon and arguably the largest downloadable audiobook seller across the world. That’s so because the platform offers the world’s biggest selection of titles, which range from the latest releases to classic titles and original podcasts.
Many people choose Audible as their audiobook destination because the platform offers tons of amazing features. For instance, the largest downloadable audiobook seller allows its subscribers to share titles with their families through a family library sharing mechanism. This option allows you to add one more adult profile and at most four kid profiles.
There’s no denying that the Audible Family Library Sharing feature is great; it allows you to share titles with your family without limits. However, the option also allows your shared members to see your payment info as well as your Audible history. That said, here’s a burning question, how can I keep my audible history hidden?
To hide your Audible history, open your Audible app on your device. Next, go to Menu > My account > purchase history. Select the books you want to hide and then tap the three dots to mark them as “finished.” After that, go back to the history and tap the “filter” option. Click on the dropdown menu and select “unfinished.”
In the rest of this article, we’ll further exploit the different ways you can successfully hide your Audible history. So, without further ado, let’s get down straight to business.
What Is Audible Family Library Sharing and What Does It Include?
Before going ahead to share with you the different ways to hide your Audible history, let me start by talking briefly about the Audible Family Library sharing feature.
The Audible Family Library Sharing feature is one of the two options provided by Audible for its users to share titles with other members of their Amazon Household. With this option, there’s no limit to how many books you can share with your family.
Apart from using the Household account to share Audible books and other digital materials, you can also utilize it to manage your account. With the account, you’ll be able to keep your history hidden. That’s not all; you’ll also be able to use it to add or remove titles from your recommendation list.
Here’s how the Audible Family Library Sharing feature works:
- Sign in to Amazon.com and create your Amazon Household profile. Note, you’ll only be able to add one more adult profile and four kid profiles to your account.
- After successfully creating an account, you can start using it to share Audible books with your Household members.
- To share books, click on the “Content” button. After that, select the “Show Family Library” option.
- Next, choose the audiobook you want to share and select “Add to Library.”
You can also hide or remove books from the Audible history. To do that, go to the library and select the books you want to remove. After that, choose “Remove from Library.”
How to Hide Your History from Audible?
Now, let’s go back to the burning question of how to hide Audible history. As earlier mentioned, the best way to do that is to hide your Audible history is by hiding finished titles. What exactly does that mean and how exactly can you get it done?
On your Audible history, you will find the list of all titles on your Audible account. However, by using the suggested method of hiding finished titles, you will have to filter the history page and only show unfinished books.
It’s pretty simple; let’s say you have 20 titles on your history page and you need to hide 17 out of them. All you need to do is to select the 17 audiobooks and make them as finished. That’s not all; the history page uses a filter, which shows all content by default. However, you can always set the filter to only display unfinished titles. This way, you’ll only have three books in your library, with the 17 marked titles hidden.
That said, you can hide your Audible history by following the simple steps below:
On Mobile devices
- Start by opening your Audible app on your device, such as your iPad.
- Next, go to the home screen and click on the “Menu” option.
- Next, locate the My Account option, then tap on it.
- From there, you’ll find the “Purchase History” tab. All you need to do is tap on it to view your Audible history.
- Now, scroll down to see the books you want to hide. After confirming, select them and tap on the overflow menu – it is the menu icon with three dots.
- After that, choose the “Finished” option to mark the titles. This option means you’ve completed the audiobooks. If you want to hide all your Audible history, I’ll advise you to select all titles in the library.
- Next, go back to the library page and then click on the “filter” icon, which is set to “All titles” by default. Change the settings to “Unfinished.” With this change in settings, you’re asking the library to only display unfinished books.
- Now, go back to the home library. You will now notice that all your Audible history is now hidden from the library.
On Desktop Site
To hide your Audible history on the desktop site, you’ll also follow the same steps as the ones listed above. The only difference, however, is how you can locate your purchase history.
- To locate your purchase history, sign in with your Audible account on your desktop browser.
- Next, hover your mouse over the section where your name is displayed with Hi..!
- After that, click “Account Details”.
- On the left side of the page, you’ll see the “Purchase History” tab.
- What is next is to select the books you want to hide and follow the rest of the steps in the above setup to hide your “Audible History” completely.