How To Hide My History On Netflix?
When it comes to the streaming of TV shows and movies over the internet, you’ll surely agree that Netflix is arguably the best platform. It packs tons of amazing features and offers support for major devices, such as laptops, tabs, smartphones, smart TV, and many more.
Furthermore, Netflix offers three different plans to its subscribers; the basic plan, standard plan, and the premium plan. Interestingly, you can always share your account with the members of your household by creating at most four extra profiles.
By sharing your account with any member of your family, it means they will be able to see the content that you watch. With the different types of content that we stream on the internet, you’ll agree with me that it can sometimes be embarrassing to share your watched history. This is the main reason why many Netflix subscribers prefer to hide their watched content.
If you’re interested in hiding your watched history on Netflix, you need to sign in to your account. From there, choose Account. Next, proceed by clicking on “Viewing activity” and then “My Activity”. Select the “No” sign, located on the right side of the watched content you want to hide, and then choose “Hide Series.”
As long as you share your Netflix account with your household, there will always be a reason why you need to hide some of your watched content. In the rest of this post, I’ll further share everything you need to know about how to hide your watched history on Netflix and its importance. So, read further.
What Is Netflix Viewing History and How Do You Access It?
Netflix viewing history is a list of movies and shows you’ve watched on your Netflix account. This list is always visible to every member of your household that is currently sharing the account with you.
Furthermore, the Netflix viewing history also contributes to how the platform’s personalized recommendations system functions. The system works by studying your behavior and understanding the type of content that interests you.
As soon as you sign in to your account, this recommendation system immediately shows a show or movie that it thinks you may enjoy. Of course, the prediction is often based on your watched history.
How can you access your Netflix viewing history?
If you’re looking to gain access to your Netflix viewing history, then this part is for you. To successfully check your watched video history, the first thing you need to do is sign in to your account on your personal computer. This is way better than using a smartphone or smart TV app.
- After signing in (using your computer browser), click on the “Account” option. You can locate the option by hovering over your profile picture in the upper right-hand corner until a drop-down menu appears.
- Now, click on Account. On the account page, scroll down and locate the “My profile” option. From there, “Viewing activity.”
On the viewing activity page, you will see the list of all the movies you’ve watched or tried watching on your Netflix account. The list will begin with your most recently watched titles. For you to check and know the title of the first movie or TV series you streamed on Netflix, all you need to do is scroll down through the viewing history until you reach the bottom of the list.
Why Should You Delete or Hide Your Watched Video History on Netflix?
You already know what Netflix viewing history is all about and how you can access it on your account. However, before going ahead to address the burning question, here’s a quick one – why is it important to hide Netflix-watched video history?
You’ll agree with me that there isn’t any limit to the type of content that you can watch as an adult. Sometimes, you can find yourself watching an embarrassing movie and feel your shared members must not know about it. Here’s where the need to delete the title from your Netflix viewing history comes into play.
Unlike adults, certain movies aren’t advisable for teens and children to watch. In the case you find yourself watching this movie, of course, the best decision after viewing it is to hide or delete such titles from your watched history. By doing that, you’ll be able to prevent Netflix from recommending you and your household members movies that are related to it.
The bottom line is – unless you don’t care about who knows what you’re watching, you’ll most likely need to hide or delete some watched titles from your Netflix viewing history.
Here’s How You Can Hide Your Watched History on Netflix
Now that you’ve seen the reason why it’s important to your viewing history on Netflix, here’s a quick question; have you recently watched any movie or show that you feel your shared members shouldn’t know about? If yes, then it’s time to start hiding them from your viewing history.
That said, here’s the burning question, how can you hide your history on Netflix?
To successfully hide or delete your watched history on Netflix, here are a few simple steps that you can use:
- On your desktop web browser, visit Netflix and sign in to your account page.
- After that, look for the Menu icon and click on it.
- On the Menu page, locate the “Account” option and select it.
- Next, locate and click on the “Viewing activity” option. By doing that, your activity page will open.
- Under the activity page, you’ll see a list of your watched history on Netflix. The list is sorted according to the viewing date. With that, it means you’ll have your most recent watch titles at the top of the list.
- You’ll be able to do two different things on your viewing history page. The first one is to report any problem you had while watching the movie or series. Lastly, you can also hide any embarrassing titles on the list.
- To hide any title on the list, all you need to do is select the “No” sign right in front of the title you’re interested in hiding.
- After that, choose “Hide Series” to confirm your action.
That’s all about hiding the embarrassing titles on your Netflix viewing history. Interestingly, it’s also worth noting that you can always hide all the movies in your watched history. To do that, all you need to do is scroll to the bottom of the history page and choose “Hide all.”