Amazon Prime: How Do I Hide My Viewing History From Family?
For anybody looking to enjoy the best service on Amazon.com, Amazon Prime is, no doubt, the best option. It’s a premium membership plan that offers several different benefits, such as Prime Music, Prime Day, and Prime Video. For instance, with Amazon Prime Video, you can always watch your favorite TV shows and movies via different devices, including PC, Fire TV Stick, tablet, and smartphone.
Amazon Prime Video allows you to create up to five additional profiles and share your account with other people (adults or kids). While that’s great, the only problem, however, is that every member on your shared plan can have access to your viewing history. Here’s a burning question; what is the best way to hide your viewing history from your household members?
To hide your Amazon Prime viewing history from your family, the first thing you need is to go to your Account Settings. From there, locate and click on the “Activity” tab. Next, scroll down and click on “View Watch History.” From the list of your watched videos, click “hide this” in front of the embarrassing videos.
In the rest of this article, you’ll further find out the best ways to conceal your viewing history on Amazon Prime from your family. In addition to that, you’ll also learn how to remove a video from your watchlist for an accurate recommendation.
Why Should You Hide Your Amazon Prime Viewing History From Your Family?
It’s worth knowing that Amazon, just like the rest of the video streaming platforms, such as Netflix, always stores the history of videos you’ve watched in the past. Of course, Amazon utilizes the information from the viewing history to improve its recommendations and deliver videos that are relevant to you.
Many people choose to hide their Amazon Prime viewing history from their family members because of diverse reasons. For instance, let’s say you’re planning to watch 50 Shades of Grey or Desperate Housewives but don’t want your mom or kids to see it on your viewing history.
Since the other members of your family can access your profile and see your watch history, the best option you have is to remove the embarrassing videos as soon as you’re done watching them. Here’s an example of where the need to hide your Amazon Prime viewing history comes into play.
How to Locate Your Amazon Prime Video History?
Before going ahead to discuss how you can hide your Amazon Prime viewing history from your household members, let me start by showing you how to locate your watch history. You need to know this, as you’ll find it handy when trying to hide or remove any embarrassing videos from your watch list.
That said, for you to locate your Amazon Prime video history, all you need to do is follow the simple steps below:
- Head to Amazon.com using your desktop browser.
- From there, hover your mouse over the “Account & Lists” tab. You can always find it at the top right corner of your home page.
- Next, locate and select the “Your Prime Video” option. From there, you’ll be directed to the Prime Video page.
- After that, locate and click on your account “settings” option on the Prime Video page. To make it easy for you, you’ll be able to find the option at the top-right corner of the page.
- Next, locate the “Watch History” option and click on it.
- After that, you will see a “View Watch History” button. As soon as you can find it, click on the button to see your viewing history.
Your viewing history will show you every video, including movies and TV shows, that you’ve watched since you created your Prime Video account. Of course, it’ll also include all the videos that you watched through various devices, such as your iPhone, Android device, PC, Fire TV Stick, and tablet.
How to Hide Your Amazon Prime Viewing History from Your Family?
It’s time to address the burning question of this post; what is the best way to hide your viewing history from your household members?
As earlier mentioned, the best way to hide your Amazon Prime viewing history from your family is to locate your watch history and then take the right action. You can check below to see how to get the job done without necessarily having to waste time.
- Go to your desktop browser and visit Amazon.com.
- Next, sign in with the Amazon account, which is linked to the Prime viewing history you’re looking to hide. This step might not be necessary if you’ve previously logged in.
- After successfully signing in, hover your mouse over “Account & Lists”, which is located at the top right corner of your home page.
- Next, find and click on the “Your Prime Video” option.
- After that, you’ll see your Prime Video page display on your screen. Now, click on your account “settings” option, which is located at the top-right corner of the page.
- Up next, locate and click on the “Watch History” button.
- Now, click on the “View Watch History” button.
On the “Watch History” page, you’ll see the list of all videos that you’ve watched so far. The list will display in chronological order, from your most recently watched videos down to the oldest watched video.
To hide your viewing history, all you need to do is to scroll down and locate the particular title you’re trying to hide. In front of the title, you’ll see a “hide this” tab. Click on the tab to remove the video and continue the process until you finally remove all the embarrassing videos.
That’s all about how to hide your Amazon Prime viewing history from your family. However, if you want to remove videos from your recommendation list, you need to proceed by clicking the box next to “I prefer not to use this for recommendations” for every video you want to remove.